It's not often that I get to photograph a beautiful young woman about to enter college, and at the recommendation of her MOTHER even!
Not feeling good enough plagues every age, every generation, every gender. And Jessica was no different. She was brave and fierce and FUN!
I love telling stories from HER point of view, so here are her answers she told me I could share, from her post session survey.
- What made you consider doing a Beautiful Like Me Experience session?
My mom has had boudoir photos done for herself before and I absolutely love them. I know that I'm only going to be 18 once so I wanted to do something that I can look back on as I grow up. Also I am currently in the best shape I have ever been and I wanted to show a little bit more skin then normal. I did these pictures purely for myself.
- What made you choose Elaine Turso Photography over other photographers in the area? (Did you look up other photographers to compare?)
My mom recommended Elaine. I went to her blog and just fell in love with the pictures and how she was all about self love. We then talked on the phone and I just knew she was the perfect match for what I was looking for.
- What were you most nervous about?
I was nervous that I wouldn't look good in the outfits.
- Inner mean girl... did she try to talk you out of it? How did you overcome that negative mindset?
I had a moment when I was just telling myself I wasn't good enough. So I sat down in front of a mirror and just reminded myself what I love about my body and how it's changed over the years.
- Any advice to pass down to other ladies on the fence about doing a boudoir session? What do you say to the gal who says she needs to lose 20 pounds first?
This was such an amazing experience and I felt amazing walking out the door after my session was over. No matter what your size is, Elaine has this gift where she pulls out your inner beauty through the photos.
- How did you prepare for your session?
My best friend was going to come along with me, so as the day approached she would text me and get me all pumped up for it.
- If you could go back and do anything different, what would you do?
Nothing! I loved every single moment of this process!
- Did you feel comfortable during your shoot? Comments, suggestions welcome